Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is on your night-stand ?

I was recently noticing that my night-stand was quite full of things and so I took an inventory. These are the things that are on it:




  • lamp
  • big glass for water to drink at night
  • small bowl of cat food for Moses (our cat) to eat at night
  • 5 books
  1. HELP activity guide for infants (Birth to 36 months) - great resource in terms of ideas for stimulation activities for infants and toddlers
  2. Lore of running by Tim Noakes - this is known as a Runner's Bible. Just sucks that I am ordered to stay off my feet indefinitely until my metatarsalgia is resolved. But I suppose I can read about running instead of actually doing it.
  3. The Garden of Vegan - an absolutely awesome recipe book 
  4. The China Study by T. Colin Campbell - interesting read regarding nutrition and its affect on health. Really making me think about my nutrition choices
  5. Raising kids for true greatness by Tim Kimmel. Haven't started this book yet but if it is anything like Grace Based parenting - it should be great.
  • Physiotherapy exercise sheet - I have 8 exercises that I must do 3 times a day.

These are the things that were on Darryl's night-stand

  • i-Touch docking station
  • i-Touch
  • Telephone
  • 3 Books
  1. The Bible
  2. Bathroom remodelling - we're not remodelling our bathroom so I don't quite know why he took this particular book out from the library
  3. The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian - Darryl reads a chapter of this book each night.
  4. Just as I am by Billy Graham - This is an autobiography. It's been on Darryl's night-stand for months.
    I wonder whether the contents of our night-stands tell anything about us. What's on your night-stand ?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment